Dr. Karthik Krishnan
Head of the Department & Assistant Professor
|Ph.D. , NET|
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, University of Mumbai – 2018
- NET – 2010
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, S.I.E.S College, University of Mumbai – 2009
- B.Sc. Chemistry, S.I.E.S College, University of Mumbai – 2007
- Krishnan K. K., Dabholkar V. V., Gopinathan A., Jaiswar R., J. Chem. & Cheml. Sci., 2018, 8, 1, 66-74.
“One Pot Multicomponent Synthesis of Tetrahydrobenzo[b] pyrans and Dihydropyrano[c] chromenes using Magnetically Separable NiFe2O4 Nanoparticles.”
- Dabholkar V. V., Gulve S., Anpat S., Krishnan K., International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology, 2017, 3, 10, 12-16.
“One Pot Synthesis of Octahydroxanthene-1, 8-dione Derivatives using Magnesium Vanadium Oxide.”
- Baitha A., Gopinathan A., Krishnan K.K., Dabholkar V. V., Heterocyclic Letters, 2018, 8, 1, 115-122.
“Design, Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Derivatives of Apixaban as an Inhibitor of Blood Coagulation.”
- Dabholkar V. V., Jaiswar R., Krishnan K.K., Gopinathan A., International Journal of Chemical and Physical Science, 2018, 7, 2, 92-96.
“One-Pot Multicomponent Synthesis of 2-Azapyrrolizidine Alkaloid Derivatives under Microwave Irradiation”
- Dabholkar V. V., Anpat S., Gulve S., Krishnan K. K., J. Chem. & Cheml. Sci., 2018, 8, 4, 671-676.
“Iron(III) Chloride Hexahydrate Catalysed Efficient Synthesis of 3-substituted Indoles Via Micheal Addition Reaction”
- Baitha A., Gopinathan A., Krishnan K., Dabholkar V. V., Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2018, 55, 5, 1189-1192.
“Synthesis of 2-Amino-4-(2-Ethoxybenzo[D][1,3]Dioxol-5-yl)-4H-Pyran-3-Carbonitrile Derivatives and their Biological Evaluation.”
- Krishnan K. K., Dabholkar V. V., Baitha A., Gulve S., Heterocyclic Letters., 2018, 8, 3, 657-664.
“Nickel Ferrite catalyzed synthesis of Hexahydroquinoline derivatives in Aqueous Media”
- Baitha A., Upadhyay M., Gopinathan A., Krishnan K., Dabholkar V. V., Synthetic Communications, 2019, 49,6, 1-8.
“Synthesis, characterization, and docking studies of novel cyanopyridone analogs with serotonin 5-HT 1B receptor agonists”
- University of Mumbai, Minor Research Project – 2015
- University of Mumbai, Minor Research Project – 2019
- Awarded “Best Teacher Award” at Guru Nanak College of Arts, Science and Commerce, 2015-16
- Awarded at the hands of Shri. Piyush Goyal for exemplary and continuous contribution towards the college and being the editor of college magazine, Synergy.
- Recognized as a Ph.D. guide in Chemistry.
- Recognized as guide for M.Sc. by Research in Organic Chemistry